The Current Switch Might Be Out Of Date
Maybe it makes more sense to save your money and wait for more news. It is not confirmed that they would be releasing this newer and more powerful hardware. But, if they are rumored to be in development it makes a lot of sense to wait and see what Nintendo does. Why waste your money on an old design and out of date hardware when you can just wait a few months and get a better version with more options?
They are also rumored to be releasing a “mini” Switch that is also more powerful than the original Nintendo Switch.
Reasons To Wait:
- The Nintendo Switch is already out of date in graphical power compared to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, so why buy a Switch now when they may be upgrading the hardware to something that will allow you better visuals and zippier interface? If they don’t at least you know it was worth the wait to find out. If they do not release a more powerful console then you can simply buy the older one at a discount and save money. Plus, they are offering a “mini” in addition to the regular size Switch which offers customers more options by waiting to purchase instead of rushing
- The Switch is likely going to need a performance boost to handle third party games. If the Switch is not upgraded it will suffer performance issues in upcoming third party games. Even though it is surprising how well the Switch can handle third party games there is definitely a limit and as the Switch gets older it is only going to be harder for the Switch to run current generation games. The hardware upgrade will definitely help
- The console will offer more software choices if there is more powerful hardware behind it. Think about PC and how the stronger the hardware is equals the kinds of applications you can run on it. Same thing for the Switch! More Powerful = Better Applications!
- Core gamers should wait if they want to get the most out of the Nintendo Switch. If you are heavily into gaming and want to get the most out of your consoles and hardware, waiting is a good idea
Reasons To Buy Now
- The Nintendo Switch is already powerful enough to handle its current lineup of games without a problem. So, if you are not interested in playing anything new or graphically impressive than buying now will not change anything in the near future
- If you are a gamer who enjoys playing games from independent companies than it makes perfect sense to buy the Switch now. Most low-end PC’s from the ancient times of computers ( 10 years ago ) can still play current independent games. So, buying the Switch now makes sense
- If you are using the Switch as a social tool and less as a hardcore gaming experience, the Switch’s power is less important
- If having a smaller form factor on the Nintendo Switch is not important to you whatsoever than buying the Switch now makes sense if you are not worried about losing out on the extra power the newer Switch may contain
Whatever the choice you make it is yours. So, make sure you decide correctly, wasting $300 is usually not a great idea, LOL…